Concrete Underpinning and Chemical Underpinning vs Urathane Solution’s Soil Stabilisation – what’s the difference?
Water reactive or clay soils expand with massive force as their moisture content increases and then shrinks as they begin to dry. This causes damage to overlying structures, moving them up and down.
The fallout from this problem is that doors stick, walls crack, corners rotate out, concrete surfaces become uneven and veranda columns peel away from buildings.
In some cases, glass windows and shower screens will shatter from the pressure caused by a shifting structure.
Traditional Underpinning – How Does it Work?
Traditional underpinning in the form of concrete blocks, piers or piles is engineered to transfer the load of a building down to a stable level or soil horizon.
At Urathane Solutions, we know from over 40 years of hands on experience that these tradition underpinning methods don’t solve the problem associated with water reactive and clay foundation soils. They’re a bit like putting a bandaid on a broken arm.
The Chemical Underpinning used by our competitors is not designed or engineered for water reactive clay soil or ground. Uretek, Mainmark ‘deep injection’ and others rely on “an expanding substance as a consequence of a chemical reaction producing (57 psi equal to 40 tons per m²) compaction of the soil”.
Australian Standards (AS2870-1996 Appendix 3B) recommend against traditional underpinning methods as a solution for water reactive and clay soils. Some engineers may specify a traditional underpinning solution but they probably won’t give any guarantee of results.
Our patented urethane solution is a method for treating soil for use wherever water reactivity soil’s heave and shrinkage are a problem. The technology we use cleverly reverse mimics these soils’ predictable natural behaviour to provide raised level foundation, footings, walls and concrete slab surfaces that are lasting and stable.
We will only recommend the best solution for your problem.
Our team has decades of hands on experience fixing structural problems, including lifting, re-levelling and re-supporting homes, factories, warehouses, commercial buildings and many other kinds of ground structures.
In addition to our already extensive expertise in traditional underpinning, re-blocks, piers and piles, we have researched, developed and patented a modern geochemical keyhole ground engineering solution for water reactive and clay soils.
- We guarantee a measurable result or there is no charge
- Urathane Solutions’ quotes are a fixed price
- Urathane Solutions’ geo-polyurethane resin injection materials are cleverly chemically engineered in Australia to Australian and New Zealand Standards
The difference between the Urathane Solutions and competitors, including Uretek and Mainmark ‘s ‘deep injection’ :
- Our Urethane Solution is specifically designed for water reactive and clay soils, reversing the damage they cause to buildings and structures
- Our material expands slowly, preventing the risk of high exothermic temperatures or spontaneous combustion.
- We maintain full control of our materials as and after they enter the soil. We can stop our process the moment the desired result has been achieved by simply turning off our pump
- We count on a high pressure pump more than capable of 5,000 psi, instead of a lower chemical expansion pressure of 57 psi (40 tons per m2), the like of which our competitors’ rely on
- Urathane Solutions currently holds the exclusive patent for treatment of water reactive and clay soil in Australia
- Uretek & Mainmark “fails on all grounds” in their opposition to the grant of the patent under s 59
- Our customers only have good things to say about us!
Contact Urathane Solutions today for a no-obligation inspection.
Find out how we can restore your home, building or surface, making it stable, durable and safe.
Phone 1300 924 420 or email email@example.com