URATHANE SOLUTIONS PTY LTD
ABN 62 127 811 116
This policy describes how Urathane Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 62 127 811 116 (Urathane Solutions) collects, manages, stores, uses and discloses your personal information. It contains the broad privacy framework within which Urathane Solutions operates, and should be read in conjunction with any:
- supplementary privacy policies; and
- implementation procedures,
that Urathane Solutions introduces or varies from time to time.
To explain some of the terminology which commonly appears in this policy:
Information and records
Information and records may be in electronic or hard copy form. This policy does not extend to information or records that are publicly available, or that would constitute an “employee record” as defined by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies you, or from which your identity can be reasonably ascertained (irrespective of whether the information or opinion is true or not, and regardless of whatever form it is recorded in).
Sensitive information is an important type of personal information relating to your:
|·||membership of a political association|
|·||membership of a professional or trade association|
|·||membership of a trade union|
|·||racial or ethnic origin|
|·||religious beliefs or affiliations|
|·||sexual orientation or practices|
HOW DOES URATHANE SOLUTIONS COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Urathane Solutions collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you. You may provide your personal information to us via email, telephone, post, in person or by forms that you complete and submit to us
- from third parties who you authorise to provide us with personal information
- via our own business development activities
Sometimes it is not practicable or reasonable to obtain personal information from you. In those circumstances, we may collect the personal information from third parties. If this occurs, Urathane Solutions will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the collection, and why it was necessary and reasonable in the circumstances.
Urathane Solutions will only solicit and collect personal information if:
- it is reasonably necessary for Urathane Solutions to conduct its functions and activities
- it is permitted to do so by law
Urathane Solutions will only solicit and collect sensitive information if:
- it has your consent, and it is reasonably necessary for Urathane Solutions to collect the sensitive information to enable it to carry out relevant functions or activities
- it is permitted to do so by law
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES URATHANE SOLUTIONS COLLECT AND HOLD?
Depending upon how you interact with Urathane Solutions, it may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- your name, gender and date of birth
- your email address
- your residential and postal address
- telephone numbers
- your bank account or financial details
You may refuse to provide personal information to Urathane Solutions. However, if you exercise this right of refusal, it may affect Urathane Solutions’ ability to meet its obligations to you or to a third-party agency.
You may also deal with us anonymously or by using a pseudonym. However, if you do so, we may be prevented from providing you with accurate or useful information, and you may not be able to access our full range of products or services.
WHY DOES URATHANE SOLUTIONS COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Urathane Solutions may collect, hold and use your personal information for a number of reasons including:
- to provide information in relation to its products or services (for example, because you are an actual or prospective customer or supplier)
- to administer and manage processes which are key to its operations
- to maintain a security register of persons visiting or accessing its premises
- to effect the collection of fees and charges
- to assess any application for employment, during the recruitment process
- to answer your queries, provide you with information you may have requested and generally conduct dealings with you
- to comply with legislative or other legal requirements
Urathane Solutions may disclose your personal information for a number of reasons including:
- to identify you and verify your identity
- to provide its products or services to you, or the organisation that you represent
- to communicate with you
- for other purposes which are related, or directly related (in the case of sensitive information) to the purpose for which your information was initially collected
Urathane Solutions may disclose your personal information to:
- its related parties
- other companies or individuals that assist Urathane Solutions to provide its products or services, or to administer its internal operations. This includes:
- government authorities or other agencies where the disclosure is required or authorised by law
- anyone else to whom you authorise Urathane Solutions to disclose your personal information
- information technology/cloud service providers
- external business advisors, such as auditors and lawyers
There are also a limited number of circumstances in which the Privacy Act permits the use or disclosure of your personal information, without your consent. An example of this is where the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to any person’s life, health or safety or a serious threat to public health or safety.
Urathane Solutions will not use or disclose to a third party, your personal information for the purposes of marketing their products or services to you, without your consent.
[CROSS-BORDER DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Urathane Solutions will take reasonable steps to ensure that, if it discloses your personal information to an offshore recipient, the offshore recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in relation to your personal information, except where:
- it reasonably believes the offshore recipient is subject to privacy laws in their foreign country which are consistent with the APPs, and you have access to mechanisms in that country for the enforcement of those privacy laws to protect your information
- it is legally permitted or required to make that offshore disclosure
- it informs you that it will not take reasonable steps to ensure that the offshore recipient does not breach the APPs, and you nevertheless consent to the disclosure
- the Privacy Act otherwise permits the offshore disclosure
Urathane Solutions may also store and process personal information at offshore locations, including cloud database or computing facilities provided by third parties. By providing your personal information to Urathane Solutions, you consent to your personal information being disclosed offshore for this purpose.]
HOW DOES URATHANE SOLUTIONS HOLD AND SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Urathane Solutions will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant, having regard to the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure. You should ensure that any personal information you provide to Urathane Solutions is both relevant and accurate.
[Urathane Solutions has in place user names, passwords and access restrictions that provide electronic protection of personal information stored electronically. Electronic protection of personal information is also undertaken by the use of firewalls and antivirus software.
Urathane Solutions also secures hard copy personal information within buildings or other storage facilities, by placing restrictions on access to and from its buildings.] – Trent to confirm
HOW CAN YOU ACCCESS AND SEEK CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Urathane Solutions will deal with your requests for access or correction of your personal information, in accordance with this policy.
All requests must be made in writing, and in the appropriate form specified by Urathane Solutions from time to time. On receipt of an application, and within a reasonable timeframe, Urathane Solutions will take reasonable steps to inform you of what personal information Urathane Solutions holds.
Urathane Solutions will ordinarily grant access to the personal information unless:
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious
- we are unable to verify your identity
- we are entitled to reject your access to the information pursuant to any law
- the access would be unlawful
Urathane Solutions reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for providing access to the personal information, but not for making the application or correcting personal information held by Urathane Solutions. Urathane Solutions may withhold access to the personal information until the fee is paid.
If you are of the view that your personal information requires correction, you should contact the Privacy Officer listed below.
If you believe that Urathane Solutions has breached this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to C/O Bell & Associates 185 Fullarton Rd Dulwich SA 5065 and PO Box 633 Glenside SA 5065. We take all complaints seriously and will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, unless we consider your complaint to be frivolous, vexatious or without legal or factual merit. If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your complaint, you can make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have any questions or require further information please contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at C/O Bell & Associates 185 Fullarton Rd Dulwich SA 5065 and PO Box 633 Glenside SA 5065